Saturday, January 14, 2012

Water Wall



Don't act surprised, little guy.
Don't pretent you didin't know
what happens when you shake the sea,
Don't act like God didn't tell you why
the guilt can't hide behind your eyes,
Don't try to act surprised
when the legs that gave you gait,
collapse beneath the lazy weight
of delayed procrastination,
Don't pretend you didn't waste my time
with all your whys,
drowning me in theiving lies
and profound deliberations,
It has all become too clear to me,
our incompatibility
is based upon a truth
that obligation cannot see,
Every move you never make,
is all your life will ever be,
and weathering each water wall
has somehow given tall connection
to an anchor
not a shelter from the sea,
You know I have grown weary,
So do not act surprised,
for whether or not you have the gall
to survivie the next horrific water wall,
Either way,
it'll be
without me

From Arkay's book, A Woman of Purpose, available at www.arkayevans.com

© 2010 arkay evans

1 comment:

Peace friends, and thanks for checking out my blog! I welcome creative ideas and constructive feedback. Be sure to stop by and visit my website at www.arkayevans.com. Be True to the God in You. Cheers, Arkay