Saturday, April 14, 2012

Courage



Choose a good day. Feel the fear, and do it anyway.


Come here, my dear
sweet little one,
it's pen again, your smoking gun,
How far from within
can you run?
Toiling to hide,
out from inside,
tolerant, porous, and used until numb,
They told you things you shouldn't ought--
They hushed your feminine, clever thought--
Then tales and fears and joys repressed
turned festering boils when mind undressed,
And do not care, your kind heart bare,
for my fear dies when it hears my prayer,
I don't care,
what they think,
if I don't think,
that they care;

They charge full price
for being too nice,
So sometimes say what you shouldn't ought
Twice,
Refine and forth; move ahead,
Wear red in
and out of bed,
drink well and deep,
good love and wine,

And remember, my dear--
That Cowardly Lion?

He had it all the time.


******************
© Arkay Evans 2012
www.arkayevans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace friends, and thanks for checking out my blog! I welcome creative ideas and constructive feedback. Be sure to stop by and visit my website at www.arkayevans.com. Be True to the God in You. Cheers, Arkay