Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Christmas Haiku


Christmas is in your heart, not your pocket. 
Either know who you are, or this world will define you.

Most cannot find the Christma Haiku in this piece.  From 'The God in Me'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The sun drew into it's bed.
We walked the cold in single file,
Mother, Dad, Little One, and I
And four mouths watered
Home we hurried,
Mother to make Christmas Stew,
and sweet corn cakes
in the shape of snow flakes,
There seemed to be nothing
she couldn't do
The Little One's age? Two years past two.
And she held tight to my Daddy's hand,
Her cheeks rosy red
Her lips turning blue,
But she had joy, yes,
the Little One knew.
Up, she pointed,
The Star of David,
And from little lungs her big voice blew:

"This is a day of
Radiance! A Blessing from
God hath visited!"

2 comments:

  1. And four mouths watered
    Mother to make Christmas Stew,
    Her cheeks rosy red

    ReplyDelete
  2. D Clacks - not it, but ohhhh so close! Keep trying...if anyone can find the Haiku, I know you can! Thanks for stopping by my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Peace friends, and thanks for checking out my blog! I welcome creative ideas and constructive feedback. Be sure to stop by and visit my website at www.arkayevans.com. Be True to the God in You. Cheers, Arkay