Monday, November 14, 2011

Phoenix

For The Morning Bird

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,

The planting of the LORD,
that He may be glorified." Isaiah 61: 1,2,3
______________________________

Tonight
the morning bird takes flight,
Up from the ashes of a heart
cycling in trivialities;
She rises in a sudden flash of levity
once thought to be forever gone,
Replacing the darkness of
the last place from whence she came,
and where she once belonged

Tonight
the morning bird rises,
up from the dust of a red zone death
She comes at me with warm, sweet truth of
faith and self; the God in me,
A magnificent woman in mid-step,
skipping with glee to the end of
the greatest event I've ever seen,
By praise, resilience has lifted
Tonight
before and ever more,
There is no false hope;
it is always gifted in the face
of impending doom, monkey motives
the darkness of uncompromising egos;
The God in me remembers to
Turn on the Light
Tonight
the birds of flight look back, but only
to gaze into the eyes of Love watching,
To feel the arms of Love holding,
To join the hands of Love pushing us on
to living playgrounds
and games that possess its brilliant power,
For faith is a skill we practice...
I go to Love for my shower,
snuggle in this home to rest
praising Love long before the end of the test,
For tonight
I am a slave to it's freedom.
My beauty is a force, given for ashes,
Moving, breathing, living and giving
to the rhythm of this grand decision;
Tonight
the morning bird 
is ready and right for an effortless flight,
Brief, the time to witness
for the Light comes to comforts us,
And won't let the darkness
keep me up

Copyright © Arkay Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace friends, and thanks for checking out my blog! I welcome creative ideas and constructive feedback. Be sure to stop by and visit my website at www.arkayevans.com. Be True to the God in You. Cheers, Arkay